Sometimes an application adds a local account that is also shown in the Windows welcome screen or suddenly makes windows asking you to select an account by presenting you the welcome screen you haven’t had before. To restore the auto logon feature, you can read a previous post here. It is however possible to suppress an account appearing on the welcome screen.
- Start the Registry Editor
- Go to:
- Right-click an empty space in the right pane and select New –> DWORD Value
- Name the new value exactly as the Username
- Leave the Value data as 0
- Close the registry editorIf you want to enable this user again on the Welcome Screen, either double-click the Username value, and change the Value data to 1, or delete the Username