Normally when you configure your GMail app on your Android device with outlook.com, the account will be configured as an IMAP-account. The downside of this is that you can’t synchronize the contacts. To be able to do so, the account has to be configured as an Exchange account. The following steps describe how to do this:
- On your Android device open Accounts in the Settings menu.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Exchange (or Corporate)
- Enter your Outlook.com e-mail address as login name
- Tick Configure manually.
- Select Exchange. (Tick Next.)
- Enter the password of the Outlook.com account. (Tick Next.)
- Enter blu-m.hotmail.com or eas.outlook.com as Server name (Tick Next.)
- Give the account a name (Tick Next.)
By default, the exchange server settings will sync your contacts, calendar, and email with outlook.com.