This post describes the steps to get Java SDK on your 1511+. This device is an Intelbased NAS. (Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU K525 @ 1.80GHz).
- Download the SDK from Oracle. Click here.
Since Oracle took Java over from SUN some small things changed. One of them is that the downloads are delivered from a secure HTTP-server. Unfortunatly the wget on the1511+ does not support it. Use a browser to download the Java SDK and put it on a share of the 1511+. In this example the downloaded file is: jdk-6u33-linux-i586.bin
- Make a SSH connection to the NAS and login.
- goto the location you stored the downloaded SDK on the NAS.
chmod 755 jdk-6u33-linux-i586.bin
- Start the installation with:
- Move the unpacked directory into the /opt directory ( I presume you already using ipkg ):
mv jdk1.6.0_33/ /opt/ cd /opt/ ln -s /opt/jdk1.6.0_33/ java
- Add the following line to your .profile:
JAVA_HOME=/opt/java export JAVA_HOME PATH=/opt/java/bin:$PATH
- Save the file and log out and log in and try: java and java should welcome you.