Recently at work I had to deal with a WebDAV file transfer. I needed to copy a set of files over a WebDAV connection to my Windows 7 workstation. A couple of files had a file size that exceeded the maximum size that Windows 7 allows to transfer. By design the maximum allowed file size that can be transferred with WebDAV is 47.68 MB (50,000,000 bytes).
Fortunately there is a way to increase this size. For Windows 7 you have to take the following steps:
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- locate the DWORD FileSizeLimitInBytes
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- In the Value data box increase the Value of 50000000 (in bytes) to the necessary size.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart the Web Client Service
(Users with Windows XP or Windows Vista can follow the descrption in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900900/EN-US in the section Let me fix it myself.
Source: Microsoft Knowledge Base